Here are 5 facts about Chile you might not know:
- Approximately 1/3 of Chile’s population lives in Santiago.
- Chile is one of the longest countries in the world; extending for 4,329 kilometers (2689.916 miles)
- Chile is the seventh-largest producer of wine in the world.
- Chile is home to the tallest skyscraper in South America: The Gran Torre Santiago
- Chile houses six UNESCO world heritage sites: Rapa Nui National Park, the Churches of Chiloe, the Historic Quarter of Seaport city Valparaiso, Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works, Sewell mining town, and Qhapaq Nan, the ancient andean road system